Registered Manager - Domiciliary Care
- Are you passionate about person centred domiciliary care?
- Would you like to make a difference?
- Are you looking for a rewarding career?
- Do you have 6 months or more experience as Registered manager?
If yes to all of the above, then keep reading! This could be the dream job for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-driven Registered Manager to work within our top standard Domiciliary Care company who treats everyone as if they are family. The environment in the office is fresh, fun, motivated and everyone is sociable. We are a small but very friendly, caring and positive team that love to work hard and have fun!
Anytime Care 2020 is a fast-growing nursing and home care agency supplying clinical staff to various healthcare settings. We are on the preferred supplier lists of various Local Authorities, including NHS CCGs, private hospitals, NHS hospitals via CPP framework, Nursing/Residential Care Homes and Supported Living Environments and individuals who require attentive, specialist care in the comfort of their own homes.
Formed in January 2006, the company has since grown from strength to strength due its reputation for high quality staff and the very best in customer service.
This will include but not limited to:
- Registration as the manager with the regulator (CQC), complying with all relevant legislation and standards. Including the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and associated essential standards of quality and safety.
- Managing and growing the domiciliary care business on a day to day basis, focusing on the needs and requirements of our clients.
- Sourcing work from Direct Payments, Social Services, CCG, Brokerage Teams as well as private clients.
- Overseeing Compliance in line with Local Authorities, CQC and any regulatory requirements.
- Implementation of robust recruitment processes designed to safeguard and support all our clients.
- Liaise with Regulators, Clients, Social Workers and other Associated Professionals or relevant others to ensure good communication and best practice at all times.
- Recruit select and Train employees to suit the needs of our varied service users.
- Creating and nurturing a great social media presence.
You will be motivated, passionate, caring and a king OR queen when it comes to high quality customer service. If you’re afraid to pick up the phone and talk to social services, clients and staff then this wouldn’t be the job for you. You will have:
- Qualified or willing to complete the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
- At least 6 months experience as Registered manager for Domiciliary Care.
- Passionate about people, standards and customer satisfaction
- Fully computer literate with staff management skills
- Experience in working with Direct Payments, Social Services, CCG, Brokerage Teams and other key departments.
- Working knowledge of CQC Essential Standards of Quality and Safety, including knowledge of CQC registration process.
- Self-motivation, organised, flexible and caring.
- Experience in managing and developing staff in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Willingness to have a social media profile.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Budget management experience
What’s in it for you?:
As well as a competitive salary and target bonuses, you will receive ongoing Training for your Personal and Career Development, a Pension scheme, and use of a Company car.
We all love getting together and letting our hair down, so we enjoy getting together on a Friday for drinks and a boogie. We live and breathe; work hard and play hard!
As you can hopefully tell we really do see the importance in showing our appreciation for your hard work, so we recognise hard work and like to make a big deal out of it!
How to Apply:
We really want to hear from you, even if it`s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat.
If you share our vision and have passion for high quality domiciliary care service, or if you just like the sound of us, please do get in touch.
You’re still reading? Fantastic!
Please get in touch today by calling 01708 732713 or email your CV to: email@example.com.
P/S: We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Viewed 152 times